BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application)
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is a four year, 8 semester program of Tribhuvan University under Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (FOHSS). This degree offers students the industry-relevant computing & IT skills and knowledge to be able to work on wide range of organizations. This course covers the key topics in computer applications, networking and software developments providing students with an excellent education and training for a rapidly changing environment.
The BCA course helps students enhance the skill/knowledge applied in different IT/Computing sectors such as System Development, System Analysis, Software Development, Network Administration, system Administration etc . The course introduces most of the programming courses as core subjects which provides strong foundation to develop core concepts of programming language so that on completion of the course the students are ready to work in the relevant field.
The main objectives of this course are as follows:
- To impart skill development training to students for creating genuine solutions of the problems associated to information systems of corporate houses, governmental and non-governmental organizations, financial houses, and many other institutions.
- To produce professionals in the field of computer application.
- To provide students knowledge regarding the various tools, notion and technical ideas underlying the software development.
- To make students fully prepared and well acquainted in working in this continuously evolving and challenging field of computer science.
- To develop students ability to work individually and as a group with sound communication and team player skills.
PCL or + 2 or equivalent in any discipline passed with minimum 40% marks or 2 GPA or ‘C’ grade in all the subjects of 11 and 12.